"We've confirmed that the reactor container was not damaged. The explosion didn't occur inside the reactor container. As such there was no large amount of radiation leakage outside"
--Japan Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano 
- WNA expert Ian Hore-Lacy says this was "obviously an hydrogen explosion" 
- TEPCO confirms 1.5 meters of fuel rod length had been exposed 
- "The container housing the reactor was not seriously damaged in the explosion" says Japanese nuclear safety agency NISA 
- But the concrete building collapsed  (doesn't this include the spent fuel pool?)
- Radiation levels down sharply following explosion ; from peak 1,015 μSv/hr
- Some civilians needed to be decontaminated ; so it is not only noble gas FPs being released
- WHO reports public health risks appear low 
- Containment will be flooded with borated seawater 
- Containment seawater flooding has begun 
- One worker is confirmed dead in crane accident 
- Evacuation extended to 20 km radius ; cars being turned back at 60 km 
- Nuclear "Hyper Rescue Team" being sent 
- What started this all? IAEA: "Diesel generators... disabled by tsunami flooding"